logo 2


Family Based Immigration

Our team at Rodriguez-Martin Immigration Law Offices, PLLC. has extensive knowledge and experience processing cases with USCIS. We are dedicated to finding solutions for your immigration issues. 

I have the experience and know-how to develop custom tailored immigration solutions for your specific needs. I will guide you through the family-based immigration process, in securing a K-1 fiancé visa or a family based green card for your spouse, parent, or other family members. I devise customized immigration solutions for your particular situation.

Explore Your Options with an Experienced Immigration Lawyer

The Best Family Based Immigration Lawyers in USA

The applicant (a US citizen or lawful permanent resident) normally starts the family-based immigration process by submitting an application, Form I-130 to USCIS. USCIS receives the petitioner’s Form I-130, which is a petition to a foreign relative. The I-130 Petition proves that a qualifying family tie exists (within the category of relatives or family preferences).

Foreign families can apply for an immigrant visa once USCIS approves the I-130 petition, and a visa number is available. This process is called consular processing. 

For those who entered the US with a visa and have overstayed an I-130 is submitted on their behalf as immediate relatives of United States Citizens and they can adjust their status to that of law permanent residence. 

naturalization citizenship, united states citizenship naturalization, certificate of naturalization or citizenship, u s citizenship naturalization, citizenship by naturalization, us citizenship naturalization, citizenship through naturalization, citizenship naturalization, u s citizenship and naturalization services, us naturalization dual citizenship, naturalization of citizenship, us citizenship and naturalization services, citizenship and naturalization services
Family-Based Immigration

Our Family Based Immigration Experience

I regularly represent US citizens and permanent residents, and their foreign national relatives, through the family based immigration process. If you are a US citizen or permanent resident, you may sponsor your family members for a family based green card. 

This family-based immigration category is reserved for spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of US citizens. The immediate relative family-based immigration USA category is the fastest way to obtain US permanent residence through family-based immigration. There is no additional waiting period, besides the standard USCIS processing times, for the immediate relative family-based immigration USA category.

If you are a US citizen who is engaged to a foreign national residing abroad, you can petition USCIS for a K-1 visa. Once the K-1 fiance visa is approved, your fiance will be allowed to enter the United States for 90 days for you to get married. Once married, your newly married spouse can apply for a family-based green card in the United States by adjustment of status through marriage.

Removal of Conditions on Marriage-Based Green Card– If you secured your family-based green card based on marriage to a US citizen spouse to whom you had been married less than 2 years, you received a conditional green card valid for 2 years. Conditional green cards are issued to prevent fraudulent marriages. At the end of the 2 year conditional period, you must file an application to remove conditions proving that you are in a good faith marriage. Once your petition to remove conditions is approved, you receive a 10 year family-based green card. Our immigration removal proceedings services is best for this.

Explore Your Options with an Experienced Immigration Lawyer

Meet The Expert

Attorney Rodriguez-Martin was born in Bogota, Colombia. Her paternal grandmother first made the journey to the United States in the 1960s from Colombia and lived in New York City as a single mother struggling to give her son and future grandchildren the opportunities that she never had. These are the same struggles and goals that she sees in the clients that we serve regardless of country of origin, language, gender, religion or background.

She is a graduate of Cardozo Law School. She has been active in the immigrant community since 2002 when she participated in Cardozo’s Immigration Law Clinic. She has worked and volunteered for several organizations helping the immigrant community including Hope’s Door, Immigration Equality, PFLAG of NYC, Bellevue Survivor’s of Torture Program, Kids in Need of Defense, and CEUS Centro Comunitario.


Member of AILA and the National Immigration Litigation Alliance



    Quick Links

    Follow us